New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Accounting software for Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bluey

Bluey is on a distinguished road

Ok, new to this posting thing... Anyone out there know of an accounting program to use with Mac for small businesses.

Currently using Quickbooks and not happy running Windows on the Mac as it slows down everything.

Help. thx
QUOTE Thanks
Mini_mi

Mini_mi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme

Quickbooks for Mac
Mac Accounting Software - Mac Business Software by QuickBooks
QUOTE Thanks
Bluey

Bluey is on a distinguished road

Thanks Mini_mi but I am in Australia and there is no Mac Quickbooks available here.
QUOTE Thanks
Mini_mi

Mini_mi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme

Hmm, it isn't downloadable in Australia? It's an electronic download, shouldn't matter where your physically located.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

Try MYOB an Australian product. Covers GST and BAS:-

http://myob.com.au/business/products...aign=myobbrand

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
DrEwTiMe42o

DrEwTiMe42o is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
Ok, new to this posting thing... Anyone out there know of an accounting program to use with Mac for small businesses.

Currently using Quickbooks and not happy running Windows on the Mac as it slows down everything.

Help. thx
I'm an accounting major and currently do the books for a couple businesses and have used QuickBooks for both OS. What i can say is that the one for mac is not as good. Things are not in the same places navigation wise and the program just isn't as easy to use.

Honestly when i need to do business things, i use windows. In college to pass my statistics class i needed to get a PC or duel boot because excel tool packs for statistical analysis and such are not offered for mac.

In my opinion i stick to PC for any in depth business operations. Many may disagree but thats just my personal preference.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

I believe the stat packs are back with office 2011, but you're absolutely correct. 2008 sucked, so does intuits Mac offerings in comparison with windows offerings. Want to beat your head against a wall? Try Linux in an office environment.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
EricP

EricP is on a distinguished road

Bluey, you might want to investiage CheckMark MultiLedger and CheckMark Payroll for Mac. I've used them both for many years now. (CheckMark Software -- Payroll Software and Accounting Software) The only thing I don't particularly care for about MultiLedger is that they don't support ACH payments. I've been requesting that feature for several years now to no avail...
QUOTE Thanks
henrybush

henrybush is on a distinguished road

Hi all. I have a small business and have been using Zoho Books and it's great software for accounting purposes. They give a 30 days free trial and it works on PC, Mac, Android and iphone. It has some great features and is really easy to use. Hope this helps!

software for accounting 

QUOTE Thanks
mamabear

mamabear is on a distinguished road

probably a bit late, but just went through the same issue - iBank is great but very USA centred - spend a day entering half of my accounts just to realise that I would not be able to export anything in a meaningful format and time frame for my accountant (UK) - now switched to Money4 - works for me
QUOTE Thanks
jasontsang

jasontsang is on a distinguished road

You can consider MoneyWorks. It supports Mac and Windows Platform.
It's simple, flexible and robust system. It is very popular in Singapore.
Accounting Software Singapore | Accounting System | MoneyWorks Singapore | Are You Looking For Accounting Software? Confuse? Don't Know Which Type of Software To Use? Free Demo First Before Buying!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Xcode & gcc | Upgraded to OSX Snow Leopard then Lock-Ups after MacKeeper Window »