New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

imac 3.2 wont clean install osx locked up w white screen. help plz

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kboy602

kboy602 is on a distinguished road

I have an 27 in. imac 3.2 I3 with lion 10.7.2 - I got it as collateral for paying a friend of a friends rent and haven't heard from them in 3 months anyway I was locked out of administration so I bypassed it by option and s at startup and hopefully I won't regret I deleted the org. Administrator. I'm looking to do a completely clean install of of osx - from what I've gathered I have to install leopard from retail dvd then upgrade to snow leopard then upgrade to lion to be up to date...so I bought a retail 10.5 dvd but when I try to boot by holding c at start up or by clicking onto install icon after login I get completely lockup at at just a white screen and it won't do anything till I powerdown. If anyone can tell me why it won't let me do a clean install it would be much appreciated. Thank for help
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

What is the exact model number of the 27" iMac? It may not have come pre-installed with Leopard which might be the reason the Leopard DVD will not work. Either that, or you purchased a model specific version of Leopard rather than the retail version. The retail version of Leopard is black with a large X on the disk.
QUOTE Thanks
kboy602

kboy602 is on a distinguished road

It's a imac 11,3 (mid 2010) and the leopard disk is black and purple w a big x version 10.5 also would I be wasting my money if I was able to find the 2 grey org disks that came with a same model imac on ebay ..any advise or info I thank you for. K
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Restore partition/Lion | Host name issue »