New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

MBP Lion running slow spinning pinwheel ?Grow Clean Install ? l

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TheDen

TheDen is on a distinguished road

I have a MacBook Pro I bought in 2009. Initially it had Leopard on it and it came with the upgrade disk for Snow Leopard. I upgraded to Snow Leopard before I used it. When Lion was available I upgraded and it has worked out fine. I have upgraded to 8 g of RAM since I purchased it also. I use Firefox for web surfing. Recently while online, I will click on a link and the spinning pinwheel will come up and the whole computer is frozen. The only way to get restarted is to push the off/on button. It also seems to be running a little slower, not painfully slow, but noticeable slower. Growl had prompted me to do an upgrade, and I had done a paid upgrade. I am not sure if that had some impact on the problem or not?

I did use my Time Machine and went back to a back up to when I was not a having this problem but that did not fix it.

Last night I thought I was doing a clean install but misunderstood. I restarted my computer and held down the option button. It reinstalled Lion, took like 3 hours. Everything is the same this am and I got the spinning pinwheel.

I really had my mind made up just to do a clean install for the new year but have not been able to figure out how to make the bootable Lion disk since I have already installed Lion. I read online to go to the App store and to the download of Lion, hold down the Option button while pushing that button but that did not work. I was going to try to get the file I needed to make the bootable disk.

I know there is a lot here, I have just tiried so much and just so frustrated. I trust everybody her so much and value your opinions.

Thank You
Denise
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Lost network connections to Windows devicess | Macbook Harddrive Erased during Installation »