New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Scroll bar arrows

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Thudbutt

Thudbutt is on a distinguished road

I know this seems trivial but where are the scrollbar arrows?

I find it irritating and frustrating without scrollbar arrows. I use them very often in certain applications and although I have trackpad on my laptop I do not have this feature on my desktop, I have a trackball on the mouse but I want the arrows, I also have a few other cosmetic issues with lion. Apple are all about practicality so why no arrows did they forget...

The conclusion I have come to is a theme change but I have read about instability issues concerning a theme change and so I'm unsure of going ahead with this or if I will even regain the arrows. Know of any theme change apps for lion or if this is a good idea?

or better yet another way to regain the arrows...
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

I'd argue that scrolling on the device (mouse, trackpad etc) is far more pratical than moving off to the edge of the screen to click on scrollbar arrows but everyone is different.

System Preferences - General - Show Scrollbars Always

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Thudbutt

Thudbutt is on a distinguished road

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OS X Leopard - Trackpad "Show Desktop" Gesture while selecting a file | Duplicate Files! »