Specs:
     Macbook Pro 13" 2.26Ghz C2D; 8Gb; 500Gb 7200; Nvidia 9400M, Apple TV 160 GB, iPod Nano, i
    Blu ray drive for mac?
    Hi all,

I have done a quick search both in the forum and on google to try and find the answer to the above question. The information on here seems to be a little old and I was wondering/hoping whether there had been any new developments. I basically want to be able to play back blu ray on my mac. I know I can buy/rent shows on iTunes but they are a lot more expensive than buying the physical media. For instance I can buy the whole BSG series blu ray box set for 49.99 of Amazon. To get the digital copies in lower resolution it would set me back over 140 and I still wouldn't have access to all of the extras as found on the box set. Thats just one example. I'm sure there are countless others.

Cheers

Dan

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    You can get an external blu-ray drive - like, but not limited to this:
    Samsung SE-406AB/RSBD Slim External 3D Blu-ray Drive: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

And blu-ray playback software like this:
    The First and Best Mac Blu-ray Player Software, movie/DVD/video player

Works fine if the investment is worth it for you.
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
     Macbook Pro 13" 2.26Ghz C2D; 8Gb; 500Gb 7200; Nvidia 9400M, Apple TV 160 GB, iPod Nano, i
    Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I came across that software in one of the previous posts. Wasn't too sure how well it worked. Have you tried it?

Dan

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    Yes, it works really well. But there's a 30day trial if memory serves me so you can try it to be sure.

I acquired a Samsung Blu-ray drive from the remnants of a repair I did for someone. So out of curiosity I hooked it up and got the software down. Only watched maybe a dozen films on it but they've all been flawless.
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Thread Information