New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Possible Finder Issue--Spinning Beach Ball

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sermonauthor

sermonauthor is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and not sure how this works, but I'd like to ask a question and hope I've got the right category here.

I have a recurring problem with what I believe is a "Finder" issue. It generally happens when I'm browsing in Safari. I'll move to a new page and, without warning, I get the spinning beach ball. Once I discern it's not going to recover on its own I head to force quit Safari--only force quit does not appear when I hit the proper key combination.

I move my curser up to the Mac menu and it's got the beach ball too. Once I realize I've cannot regain control of my Mac it seems my only recourse is to reboot holding down the power button.

Does this problem sound familiar to anyone? Will programs like Disk Warrior or Tech Tool Pro bring relief?

My specs:
Imac
Snow Leopard
2.8 GHZ Intel Core Duo
4 GB RAM

I don't believe it's a RAM issue as this happens even when I have only a couple programs open and 4GB is plenty to support that. But it's recurring and driving me a bit crazy.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you may have
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« getting zipped files out of emails into a folder | empty .dmg file »