New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Please Help: Trouble Shooting With Administrator Password

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JaqTheMaq

JaqTheMaq is on a distinguished road

So I don't know if this has anything to do with the issue, but I was attempting to install the Diablo 3 Beta (video game), which works with macs and so it asks me for my username/password which is normal during the install but strangely I don't see normal text just weird symbols like in the image, and if I go ahead and put in my password as normal it than force quits the application and says an error occured but I can't read the error because of the same weird symbols. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or how to stop it?

*Rebooting did not work
*This symbol error is happening every time I need my username/password now and was not before

Please halp.

EDIT::

This is what the error message states:

"Failed to run a required program (Blizzard Setup). Wait one minute and try again and if that doesn't work please restart your computer and try again."

This error indicates that Diablo III was unable to make necessary changes in the Battle.net folder on your hard drive. We first recommend restarting your computer if the issue persists. If a restart does not resolve the issue, the user account you are logged into may not have full access to the Battle.net folder. Conditions that may block your access to the Battle.net folder include:

Using a non-administrator account
Security programs on your computer functioning in an unintended fashion
Non-standard permission settings for that particular folder
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

The first thing I would try is to repair permissions. Boot with your install DVD, go to Utilities, Disk Utility, from the top menu and select repair permissions from the right side. Afterward, try to install Diablo again.

If that doesn't work, your Admin account may be corrupt. Create a test account and give it admin rights. Try to install Diablo from the new account.
QUOTE Thanks
JaqTheMaq

JaqTheMaq is on a distinguished road

I already attempted to repair permissions didn't do anything, I don't really care about the diablo installation -- just want to fix the corrupt text on my user/password prompts

Im thinking it might have to do with the custom font on my machine, but its weird that it just started happening randomly. I really don't want to have to do an archive install b/c i have so much modded stuff on my machine.

Ill try the admin account but seems unlikely that my account is corrupt.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

You didn't mention anything about a custom font in your first post. That may be the culprit. Try removing that custom font first before creating another account.
QUOTE Thanks
Jonz1

Jonz1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaqTheMaq View Post
I already attempted to repair permissions didn't do anything, I don't really care about the diablo installation -- just want to fix the corrupt text on my user/password prompts

Im thinking it might have to do with the custom font on my machine, but its weird that it just started happening randomly. I really don't want to have to do an archive install b/c i have so much modded stuff on my machine.

Ill try the admin account but seems unlikely that my account is corrupt.
I have the same problem, any luck?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airdrop inconsistencies (between older and newer MBP) | Have different screens running on macbook and HDTV »