Lion: Problem Switching Apps When Using Mission Control/Spaces
    Hi all, I recently made the switch to Lion and now am having issues switching apps when using Mission Control/Spaces/Desktops.

If I have any two (or more) apps open, each on separate spaces/desktops, I can't switch between them using cmd-tab. Pressing cmd-tab brings up the switcher and I select the app to switch to. The menu bar displays the new app's menu but doesn't switch to the application window.

Same thing if I click on the app's dock icon. The menu bar displays the new app's menu but doesn't switch to the application window. I have to click on the dock icon *twice* to get to the application window.

If all the apps are on the same space/desktop, cmd-tab and single-clicking the dock icon works normally. I like using Spaces though. Anyone else having this issue? Thanks

Specs:
    Core Duo Pro, i5 Air, iPad 2
    Do you find that when you use the App Switcher to switch from app 1 to app 2, and each app is on a different Space/Desktop, that you move to the Space/Desktop that app is in, but the app you wanted is not on top? And that any other apps that happen to be active in that Space/Desktop are covering the app you just switched to?

Specs:
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    Could be a couple of things that need addressing. One of them is that at times, if a window is minimized to the dock, using cmd+tab will not unminimize it and switch to that window.

Also, make sure that you've assigned those apps to open on those specific desktops. Look at how I have things set. Go to system preferences and go in to Mission Control:

Then, right click on the icon of the app you want to open in which ever desktop you are currently on and do this:

Doug

Specs:
    Core Duo Pro, i5 Air, iPad 2
    Thanks for the response. I am familiar with the things you pointed out. I do have the things checked in Mission Control Prefs that are in your pic (love pics, thx for that). However…

Say I have Mail assigned to Desktop 3. I am fiddling with Safari in Desktop 2, and TextEdit, assigned to no Desktop. Then I Task Switch back to Mail. I am taken to Desktop 3, where Mail is assigned, and I can see Mail open, but it is largely covered by TextEdit windows. I have to Cmd + ` to bring the Mail window to the front of the window pile.

It seems like that would happen if I had just switched between Desktops, but I was switching between apps, and so I expect that app to be on top.

Thread Information