New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Images showing up on screensaver that are not on Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lucy Goose

Lucy Goose is on a distinguished road

I have my desktop/screensaver set up to show random pictures from a file yet it shows images that have been deleted from my iMac. They are not on any of my drives. Is there a reason for this and how can I clear the cache or history for it?

Thanks,

Lucy Goose
QUOTE Thanks
mgsfan18

mgsfan18 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation

finder>username>library>preferences

Change the screensaver and then change it back. (make sure there is some time difference between the two changes) Then go to the folder above right click and go arrange by date modified, every file at the top was modified by your change to the screensaver so the cache is in one of those files. I would suggest deleting them one at a time and seeing if it fixed the issue, if not I would restore the file.

Also there is a cache.db file found at:

finder>username>library>caches>com.apple.system preferences

but I think its for desktop files and not screensaver options.

A man who is not one for words once told me...
QUOTE Thanks
gsahli

gsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Goose View Post
They are not on any of my drives.
Have you looked in hard_drive/Library/Desktop Pictures?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« help please, new on mac | Sharing Internet Using Macbook Pro »