Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do I stop my Mac from detecting this site as malware?
    Every time I visit this sports forum- Scout.com: Kansas State Forums List It says that it contains malware, but I know it doesn't, i've been going to the site for a long time. It has the option to ignore the warning which I click, but every time a click on another thread on the site, the message pops up again. How do I get this message to go away? Does this happen to anyone else when they visit this site?

Picture-

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB Flash Storage, 3.3Ghz, 16GB memory, OS X.11.5.
    Yes the same warning window pops up. Cause it may well have been attacked by hackers Read this:-

Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for mbd.scout.com
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Once I click continue, I can still read everything so nothing has been affected. People are still posting so it's not happening to everyone. Is there a way to turn this "detector" off?

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I get the same warning. I've gotten that warning on other legitimate sites before and it's usually because the site may have been hacked in the past and is still on the "bad site" list even though it's OK now.

Is there a way to stop that message from popping up? Like turning off the whatever that's detecting it.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    The webmaster or owner of the site will need to follow Google's instructions here in order to have their site taken off their black list.

There's really nothing you can do about it, your browser is working exactly as designed. Frankly, I'm surprised the site owner hasn't dealt with it yet, as pretty much all modern browsers will exhibit the same behavior.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Which browser are you currently using? That feature is usually found under the "Privacy" settings in most browsers. For example: To turn off warnings in Chrome you would open the Privacy settings from preferences and remove the check from the box that says "Enable phishing and Malware Protection".

Now, having said that... I do not recommend turning that off. It's best to live with a false warning from a single site than maybe running into a problem with a site that really may not be legitimate.

I'm using Safari and there's really nothing to turn off. This is what shows up-

Nvm guys I figured it out, I went to the security setting and unchecked "Warn when visiting a fraudulent website". Thanks for the help!

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    I would strongly recommend against turning that off, especially given the frequency of sites being hacked or setup as honeypots. Just because you use a Mac doesn't make you impervious to malware or other malicious hacks. I would instead alert the webmaster of the site, include the link I sent you and deal with the extra click for the time being. Removing that bit of protection over such a minor inconvenience is foolhardy at best.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Turning that off is VERY a bad thing. There are a lot of very bad and dangerous sites out there and without that warning you will just enter. I would leave it on if I were you.

I am going to contact him, but without turning it off, I can't even post on the site.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Interesting. I just tried latest Release of Chrome & Opera, Chrome Canary, and latest Firefox and non popped up a warning and I made sure in Chrome that option was checked!

Strange.

Hmm, maybe just a glitch with Safari.

Specs:
    Nope. As stated above I also get the warning and I'm using the latest version of Chrome.

Thread Information