New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

help! COMMAND key accident...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lexievengeance

lexievengeance is on a distinguished road

I was playing a game of my mac and it froze.
I couldn't remember how to force quit (I've only been a mac user for a few months) so I hit command and a few different keys... nothing happened (or so I thought) so I restarted the computer.
now everything is huge on my screen.
how would one go about fixing this?
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Command -
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

There are one of two possible issues:

1. Your resolution has changed. Go to System Preferences > Displays. Each Mac model has a different native resolution. Which model do you have?
2. Zoom has been enabled and you've zoomed in. Go to System Preferences > Universal Access and turn zoom off.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
lexievengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post

1. Your resolution has changed. Go to System Preferences > Displays. Each Mac model has a different native resolution. Which model do you have?
2. Zoom has been enabled and you've zoomed in. Go to System Preferences > Universal Access and turn zoom off.
I have one of the newer model macbook pros.
it's only a few months old.
tried #2... that wasn't it.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Let's see if it is the resolution then. Check to make sure, using step one, that your resolution is 1280x800 (13"), 1440x900 (15") or 1920x1200 (17").

If that's not it, head over to System Preferences > Trackpad and make sure "Zoom while holding" is unchecked.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
lexievengeance

Quote:

Quote:
Let's see if it is the resolution then. Check to make sure, using step one, that your resolution is 1280x800 (13"), 1440x900 (15") or 1920x1200 (17").

If that's not it, head over to System Preferences > Trackpad and make sure "Zoom while holding" is unchecked.
thanks so much! it was the resolution.
you are a lifesaver, that was driving me crazy!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« imac G5 crash | Macbook Upgrade Guidance »