New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

pdf to word

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dminderh

dminderh is on a distinguished road

How do I convert pdf to Word on a Mac? I have a book manuscript sent to me in pdf by a publisher that I need to edit. I have downloaded various converter programs off the web, such as pdfpen, but they are overwhelmed by the pdf - 348 pages. pdfpen couldn't be opened on my computer; "no available application can open it." A "how-to" off the internet seemed to be working until I got to the last step, which was "To open the file, drag and drop the file on top of the PDF-to-text application." I could not find that application or any prompt like it.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

If it's just text..... open it in Preview, select all the text and paste into Word.

However . . . depending on the security placed on the PDF this may not be possible.

PDFs aren't really designed to be an editable format. If the publisher wants you to be able to edit this I'd suggest contacting them and getting them to send it as a Word/txt/rtf/pages document

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
dminderh

dminderh is on a distinguished road

That was the first thing I tried, of course, but when do as you suggest, Word is not one of the options that comes up under Preview. I do have Word - I work in it all the time - and the reverse, Word to pdf goes exactly as it should.
QUOTE Thanks
gsahli

gsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dminderh View Post
but when do as you suggest, Word is not one of the options that comes up under Preview.
Hmm...
That doesn't fit what he suggested. He suggested Copy and Paste - not export.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Why is Terminal opening? | Need help on deciding my reinstall »