New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

how can i get the disks that came with the imac (IMB not intel)?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

koon.u

koon.u is on a distinguished road

So i just was wondering if anybody knows where i can get/download the originals disks that came with the imac. It has a IBM processor witch makes it much harder to find!

Thanks for all the help!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

What year, model iMac do you have? For older machines the best place to buy the disks would probably be eBay. Always buy the retail version not the machine specific version. In other words the Black disk with the big X not the gray - silver ones.
QUOTE Thanks
koon.u

koon.u is on a distinguished road

hey thanks for the reply...

i have a IMac model # A1195 that is a 17 inch imac from 2006.
Now what operating system do i need? it is OS X Tiger right?
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Tiger yes. Be aware that it's going to cost you 80-100 though, and as pointed out, you need the full retail version.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
MacLicious

MacLicious will become famous soon enough

I just bought OS X Tiger brand new full retail version from ebay and they not only had the buy it now option, but there was the option to submit an offer. I got mine for $75 plus $8 shipping. Just waiting for it to arrive to install on an older G4 desktop.

// MacBook Air mid2011 i5 4gb ram 256SSD // 2009 24"iMac 3.06 C2D nVidia 130GT 512mb // iPad Mini 64gb // iPad2 64gb 3G // iPhone4 32gb used as iPod *Current phone Samsung Galaxy Note3* // iPod Nano Gen5 // iPod Shuffle 2gb Gen4 // iPod Video 80gb // ...Ya I guess you could say I like Apple Products! //
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iCloud failure to send verification email | Lion File Display »