New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Mac Mini G4 Upgrades .. How long with Leopard Last?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

p2noway

p2noway is on a distinguished road

I have a list of some amazing things I can (and want to) do with my old Mac Mini 1.1

Currently it is this ..
G4 1.25ghz / 1gb / No wifi or blue tooth / no hard drive / no DVD drive ..

I am going to upgrade it to this ..

64gb SATA Kingston SSD (With a special 2.5" adapter) and replacement of the mounting hardware inside the Mini.

200gb 7200rpm SATA (optical drive replacement with special "optical ide to SATA bracket / adapter")

Wifi-N 300mbs + BlueTooth 2.1 mini USB2.0 (built inside the machine with one USB cable showing in the rear of the Mini ..)

All of this will cost close to nothing for me .. as I already have most of the parts .. MY QUESTION IS .. How long will Leopard last for ??

Hopefully I have posted in the right forums ...

Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

And on your question, how long will Leopard last? You mean updates? Probably not that much longer, but it will still function. Not that long ago I got an update on an older Mac with OSX Tiger on it!
QUOTE Thanks
p2noway

p2noway is on a distinguished road

Nonono. I wanted to delete the account .. because clearly I posted a "software" question in a "hardware" forum .. I just did not read the first post in the "hardware" category .. I just felt it necessary to correct the mistake I made .. And seeing as there is no "clearly visible DELETE post button" I did not know what do other than deleting the account haha.

Thank you for posting! and I hope my little curfufle does not appear to be in distaste! I came here because this is the best forum on the net for information on macs.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I will just move the thread to the proper area. Sorry I misread your question. If you ever get stuck or make a mistake in the future, just ask a member of staff and we will take care if it for you!

There and I changed the title to reflect your Software question. Hope that is ok with you.

I did try and answer your question in my other post.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook doesn't BOOT-UP? | Screen blacks out »