New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Sm How i failed, to connect iphone & Mac via

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ninja apple

ninja apple is on a distinguished road

Hello, Guys pls guide me on as to how .....u guys have connected ur MAC to iPhone via WIFI......while they are in the same router connection.....my phone says it is ready to connect to my mini....while i m wondering what else do i have to enable in my mini to connec t to my phone....all views and guides are much appreciated ........thx guys cheers...
QUOTE Thanks
Chuckoir

Chuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb

Go into iTunes, and plug your phone into your Mini. Then once you've done that, click on the iPhone in the sidebar, and then click "Summary". Then you have to scroll down to the bottom to where it says "Options".

There then should be a check-box that says "Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi". Check that and you should be good to go!

It states that your iPhone (within iPhone settings) needs to be plugged into the mains for Wi-Fi sync, but this isn't the case. As I'm typing this, downstairs, my phone is upstairs by my bed and is quite happily syncing away!

Hope that helps somewhat.

Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!
QUOTE Thanks
ninja apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckoir View Post
Go into iTunes, and plug your phone into your Mini. Then once you've done that, click on the iPhone in the sidebar, and then click "Summary". Then you have to scroll down to the bottom to where it says "Options".

There then should be a check-box that says "Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi". Check that and you should be good to go!

It states that your iPhone (within iPhone settings) needs to be plugged into the mains for Wi-Fi sync, but this isn't the case. As I'm typing this, downstairs, my phone is upstairs by my bed and is quite happily syncing away!

Hope that helps somewhat.
Thx for your reply Chuckoir;....but i have already enabled that option...but i will go about it again ....just in case...cheers...
QUOTE Thanks
Ttaylor394

Ttaylor394 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: '10 21.5iMac self update-1TB 16GB-'12 MBP13 self update 1TB 16gb-32GB&16gb iphones-32GB iPad,

how do you think you failed? the icon that runs when your syncing your iPhone successfully to your mini and/or other Mac computer is 2 arrows that rotate circularly... that will appear in the top of your iPhone, next to the WIFI signal strength..

if you plugged in the phone and check the box that chuck mentioned thats about all you need to do..

IF you have your OSX updated, your iTunes, and your iPhone are all up to date. I'm guessing that is the case since you can see that check box that Chuck mentioned

if you are all up to date, and in fact have the box checked.. i again ask why you think you failed to connect the devices?

21.5"iMac i3 3.06:running 10.7  500GB HD  16GB DDR3  Magic Trackpad  Black iPhone4 32GB  White iPhone4 16GB  Apple Extreme Airport Base Station 
QUOTE Thanks
ninja apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttaylor394 View Post
how do you think you failed? the icon that runs when your syncing your iPhone successfully to your mini and/or other Mac computer is 2 arrows that rotate circularly... that will appear in the top of your iPhone, next to the WIFI signal strength..

if you plugged in the phone and check the box that chuck mentioned thats about all you need to do..

IF you have your OSX updated, your iTunes, and your iPhone are all up to date. I'm guessing that is the case since you can see that check box that Chuck mentioned

if you are all up to date, and in fact have the box checked.. i again ask why you think you failed to connect the devices?

i dnt know dude...maybe i have missed smthg...will try it when i get back..thx
QUOTE Thanks
Ttaylor394

Ttaylor394 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: '10 21.5iMac self update-1TB 16GB-'12 MBP13 self update 1TB 16gb-32GB&16gb iphones-32GB iPad,

ok, well when you come back.. try to get detailed.. your first post was cryptic at best.. if you see an error message or anything like that tell us what it said.. and when it happened..

21.5"iMac i3 3.06:running 10.7  500GB HD  16GB DDR3  Magic Trackpad  Black iPhone4 32GB  White iPhone4 16GB  Apple Extreme Airport Base Station 
QUOTE Thanks
ninja apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttaylor394 View Post
ok, well when you come back.. try to get detailed.. your first post was cryptic at best.. if you see an error message or anything like that tell us what it said.. and when it happened..
Thx Ttaylor fur your reply...i still can't seem to sync over wifi....the thing is i can't view my 3gs in iTunes menu when the cable is disconnected...i don't know what my mistake is....i have updated iTunes (pls see s/cap's)..it might be a simple thing that i have overlooked..but i can't rectify it pls help...thx...

i. capture while my cable is connecting the devices..

ii) capture of ware versions

iii) other captures which might give a idea
QUOTE Thanks
ninja apple

Cont'd...so when i disconnect the cable there is no connection between devices.....i know the captures are a bit unorganized...sorry about that....pls reply ...thx dude
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OS X PDC and a Windows BDC | Can you track or view logs of user activity »