ppp terminaion problem
    Hello, today, whenever I put the computer to 'sleep' I start getting a message "Waiting for ppp termination. Then I must wait several seconds before the computer goes to sleep. When I turn the computer back on I again have to wait several seconds before it begins operating. I have never had this message before, nor have I had this problem.

I have a MacBook OSX.6.8. I just upgraded to Snow Leopard, installed a 2GB memory module and backed up my hard disk with an external hard disk using Time machine.

I had no problems until today.

Yesterday I updated my software and today the ppp problem started.

I hope you can help.

Thank-you,
    Bellevie

Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Tell us which software you updated. And what does "ppp" stand for, or do you even know?

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Tell us which software you updated. And what does "ppp" stand for, or do you even know?

Thank-you for responding. Things seems to be working now after I went to System Preferences >Network. I found I was connected to Airport rather than Ethernet, my normal service connection. So I switched back to Ethernet, restarted the computer and things seemed to work properly.

I had updated Airport (I should not have done that I guess) along with I Tunes and OSX security and a couple other bits. The computer must have connected me to Airport and turned off Ethernet.

ppp may stand for PPPoE, another type of internet connection.

If you think I need to do something else please let me know. I hope things are working properly.

Thanks again,

Bellevie

ppp termination problem--new problem related or not?
    I posted yesterday about a 'ppp' problem--See below a copy of that post--

Today, I have a new problem that may or may not be related. When I click on 'sleep' the computer goes dark. I close the lid (MacBook OSX.6.8 snow leopard) With the lid closed the computer comes back on. I open the lid, the screen is lit BUT THERE IS NO CURSOR. I shut down the computer, restart and everything seems fine.
    This does NOT happen every time I hit 'Sleep'. sometimes when I open the computer all is fine.
    Day before yesterday I updated OSX security, I Tunes and Airport. I do not remember the other updates. Yesterday, I started have the 'ppp termination problem, followed by this 'sleep' problem. The "Waiting for ppp" alert no longer appears.

ORIGINAL POST:
    Hello, today, whenever I put the computer to 'sleep' I start getting a message "Waiting for ppp termination. " Then I must wait several seconds before the computer goes to sleep. When I turn the computer back on I again have to wait several seconds before it begins operating. I have never had this message before, nor have I had this problem.

I have a MacBook OSX.6.8. I just upgraded to Snow Leopard, installed a 2GB memory module and backed up my hard disk with an external hard disk using Time machine.

I had no problems until today.

Thread Information