New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

USB peripherals not working on hub after reboot

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

xpscapable

xpscapable is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

Here's my setup: I have a Mac Mini mid 2011. Three of out the four USB port on the back are used for keyboard and 2 external hard drive. One is being used for a powered USB hub (Trust 4 port Pyramid USB hub, it's powered).

On that USB hub I have my headset, webcam and using 2 ports for external DVD drive/burner.

Now here's the issue. If I start from scratch, i.e. plug the usb hub, plug the webcam, then headset then the dvd burner everything works fine.

On shutdown and restart the hub is completely toast. I have to unplug the hub and start from beginning again.

Anyone has any idea how to fix this issue? It's rather annoying because I do shutdown the Mac on regular basis.
QUOTE Thanks
xpscapable

xpscapable is on a distinguished road

bump ... anyone?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mail under System Preferences | Using bandwidth but no apps running? »