New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

update to java v7

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kcrazeynate

kcrazeynate is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I'm looking for some one that can help me update my java to v7. I know it can be done and I even know where to get the download, but when I read the instructions it talks about all kinds of crap I donít understand how to use. (Like terminal) I would be very grateful if some one would take the time to give me some step by step understandable directions, or direct me some where that has them. I wish they had a installing java v7 on a Mac for dummies book.

Iím on an IMac OS X 10.7.2

This is the site that im talking about with the program and instruction:
Java SE Runtime Environment 7u1 download page
QUOTE Thanks
kcrazeynate

Hi,

I'm trying to update my java to version 7. I know where to find it and instructions on how to do it, but the instructions talk about doing thing I have no idea how to use like terminal. Please some one help me with some understandable instructions for dummies like me, or direct me some where I can find some.

I'm running OS X 10.7.2
QUOTE Thanks
gsahli

gsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the rough

I don't think v 7 is ready for regular users yet. The fact that you have to compile from source code is a sign of this.
QUOTE Thanks
kcrazeynate

well that would suck big time
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Merged threads - please don't crosspost.

You can get a prebuilt Java 7 technical preview here. Note though that the Java 7 technical preview is not stable software - it may crash on you.

Is there any reason you need Java 7?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
kcrazeynate

I thought I needed it but I don't any more thanks for your responses.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« have i been hacked - dodgy files uploaded! | Mail preventing shutdown. »