keychain is restricted problem
    Had a problem with mail (recovering messages issue) - and in fixing that - now all my keychain passwords say restricted - new entries don't get made - cannot change passwords or status.

First try repairing disk permissions, which can be done via Disk Utility, Onyx, or any number of other maintenance tools. If that doesn't work, try Keychain First Aid, found in the menu of the Keychain Access app.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Only iAntivirus
    Sorry - am new to this. I don't have any of those you mentioned except iAntivirus and have had it since I installed my iMac two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JaniceB View Post
    Sorry - am new to this. I don't have any of those you mentioned except iAntivirus and have had it since I installed my iMac two years ago.
    You should have Disk Utility. It came with OS X. You can also quite easily find and download Onyx.

Oh… and just get rid of iAntivirus. They haven't even updated the malware definitions in a couple years at least.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information