Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any suggestions?
    Any suggestions to solve problem of pop ups that say slow script? Would I need something like Java script? I have a mac 10.4.11. What would remedy this issue?

I have never heard of a pop-up that says "slow script". I don't even know what that means. Can you elaborate on what exactly it is you are doing when this happens?

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

On this very page for example it says slow script is making safari unresponsive. Then it asks if you want to continue to run script. Not sure if this helps?

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by cmeffa View Post
    On this very page for example it says slow script is making safari unresponsive. Then it asks if you want to continue to run script. Not sure if this helps?
    I have had this happen. I believe you are presented with a Safari "pop-up" window that gives you two choices..."Stop" or "Continue". I just click "Stop"...everything is fine...and I move on.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thanks for the replies. I was wondering Would I benefit from something such as java script? It says I need it in order to update my yahoo account. I also thought because of the slow script popping up that such a thing may remedy the problem.

Specs:
    late 2012 mini w/SSD
    javascript is built into Safari and other browsers.
    What version of Safari or other browser are you using? 4.1.3 is the latest that works for 10.4.11 and powerPC.

Specs:
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    I'd suggest using better topic titles in the future.

It is safari version 3.0.4. Is there a way to update it?

Specs:
    late 2012 mini w/SSD

I downloaded it and it says that I need 110mb of space. Is there any way to free up such space or is there a way to aquire more space?

Quote Originally Posted by cmeffa View Post
    I downloaded it and it says that I need 110mb of space. Is there any way to free up such space or is there a way to aquire more space?
    WHAAAAATTTTT? 110 MB is next to nothing. You mean to say you have NO free space on your hard drive? No wonder you are getting "slow script" errors. You desperately need to either clean up a LOT of stuff off your drive, or get a bigger drive.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Apparently I have 19.09 GB on HD2 and 66.06 GB on HD 1. I tried dragging the the safari 4.1.3. dmg to the HD 1 icon and it says cannot modify. Not sure how to try installing this on HD 1? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Bottom line: you have two problems.

1. You are using a very old version of the OS. You really need to update that if possible, or start saving up for a newer machine if that's not possible.

2. It sounds like HD 1 (I have no idea what you've done there, or which partition is the boot drive) is messed up. You need to run some repair and diagnostics (start with Disk Utility).

The third problem is that you are running Safari from a DMG archive. You are supposed to drag Safari out of the disk image and into the Applications folder.

How to install an application on your Mac - Silvermac

------
    ------

Would I have to uninstall safari from the dmg archive and then download the updated version again and install that the proper way?

Thread Information