New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Any suggestions?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cmeffa

cmeffa is on a distinguished road

Any suggestions to solve problem of pop ups that say slow script? Would I need something like Java script? I have a mac 10.4.11. What would remedy this issue?
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

I have never heard of a pop-up that says "slow script". I don't even know what that means. Can you elaborate on what exactly it is you are doing when this happens?

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu). Also advise us if you have any antivirus or "cleaning" software installed on your Mac. If you are using MacKeeper, you are hereby advised to uninstall it.
------
Links to commonly recommended software and instructions: Onyx | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | How to reveal the User Library
------
Having issues with Safari? Adware is on the rise. See this guide on how to remove it: The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
cmeffa

On this very page for example it says slow script is making safari unresponsive. Then it asks if you want to continue to run script. Not sure if this helps?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeffa View Post
On this very page for example it says slow script is making safari unresponsive. Then it asks if you want to continue to run script. Not sure if this helps?
I have had this happen. I believe you are presented with a Safari "pop-up" window that gives you two choices..."Stop" or "Continue". I just click "Stop"...everything is fine...and I move on.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
cmeffa

Thanks for the replies. I was wondering Would I benefit from something such as java script? It says I need it in order to update my yahoo account. I also thought because of the slow script popping up that such a thing may remedy the problem.
QUOTE Thanks
gsahli

gsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the rough

javascript is built into Safari and other browsers.
What version of Safari or other browser are you using? 4.1.3 is the latest that works for 10.4.11 and powerPC.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

I'd suggest using better topic titles in the future.
QUOTE Thanks
cmeffa

It is safari version 3.0.4. Is there a way to update it?
QUOTE Thanks
gsahli

gsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the rough

Safari 4.1.3 for Tiger
QUOTE Thanks
cmeffa

I downloaded it and it says that I need 110mb of space. Is there any way to free up such space or is there a way to aquire more space?
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeffa View Post
I downloaded it and it says that I need 110mb of space. Is there any way to free up such space or is there a way to aquire more space?
WHAAAAATTTTT? 110 MB is next to nothing. You mean to say you have NO free space on your hard drive? No wonder you are getting "slow script" errors. You desperately need to either clean up a LOT of stuff off your drive, or get a bigger drive.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu). Also advise us if you have any antivirus or "cleaning" software installed on your Mac. If you are using MacKeeper, you are hereby advised to uninstall it.
------
Links to commonly recommended software and instructions: Onyx | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | How to reveal the User Library
------
Having issues with Safari? Adware is on the rise. See this guide on how to remove it: The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
cmeffa

Apparently I have 19.09 GB on HD2 and 66.06 GB on HD 1. I tried dragging the the safari 4.1.3. dmg to the HD 1 icon and it says cannot modify. Not sure how to try installing this on HD 1? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Bottom line: you have two problems.

1. You are using a very old version of the OS. You really need to update that if possible, or start saving up for a newer machine if that's not possible.

2. It sounds like HD 1 (I have no idea what you've done there, or which partition is the boot drive) is messed up. You need to run some repair and diagnostics (start with Disk Utility).
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

The third problem is that you are running Safari from a DMG archive. You are supposed to drag Safari out of the disk image and into the Applications folder.

How to install an application on your Mac - Silvermac

------
------
------
QUOTE Thanks
cmeffa

Would I have to uninstall safari from the dmg archive and then download the updated version again and install that the proper way?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook desktop files aren't visible. | Jumping Cursor - OSX Snow Leopard (2011) »