Smile Can I bootcamp a restore disk? Please Help.
    Hey Guys. I'm new to these forums, and I was just wondering something. I just got myself a 13" i7 Macbook Pro. I want to use BootCamp for windows only programs that I have. I have a windows computer that came with restore disks for restoring my computer to windows vista. Can I put the disk in my computer, and then go into BootCamp, and use that disk as an operating system? Thanks. If you don't get what I'm saying please comment below and tell me what you don't understand.

The Republic of Neptune
    Those restore disks that ship with PCs usually are only good for use with that particular PC due to limited drivers and other software added by the PC's manufacturer to only support that PC. Even if it was technically possible, it'd be a violation of the terms of your license, and we don't assist in that matter.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information