Mac OSX installer not found
    Hello everyone

For some reason my installer app is missing. I'm not sure if I accidentally deleted it. I am running Mac OSX 10.6.8 and I do have the CD's my Macbook came with. Can anyone help me with this problem. I'm sure I can download the app straight from the CD but I'm having some trouble figuring it out.

Thanks so much

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by filsim View Post
    Hello everyone

For some reason my installer app is missing. I'm not sure if I accidentally deleted it. I am running Mac OSX 10.6.8 and I do have the CD's my Macbook came with. Can anyone help me with this problem. I'm sure I can download the app straight from the CD but I'm having some trouble figuring it out.

Thanks so much
    What OS version are we talking about...the 10.6.8 you mentioned...or a different version?

If 10.6.8 or before...most folks don't "download" the app. from the DVD...they just use the DVD when they need to.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    Moved thread to more appropriate forum.

- Nick
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup

Hi Nick

Its version 10.6.8. Not sure if we are on the same page. I am unable to install any programs on my macbook because the "installer" app is missing. Not sure if I can recoup it from the Mac OSX install DVD? If so how would I go about doing that?

Specs:
    Hi Nick

Its version 10.6.8. Not sure if we are on the same page. I am unable to install any programs on my macbook because the "installer" app is missing. Not sure if I can recoup it from the Mac OSX install DVD? If so how would I go about doing that?
    Yes...I don't think that we are on the same page!

What applications/programs are you trying to install? If these are "non-Apple" applications...then the Mac OS DVD has nothing to do with their installation.

- Nick

It is an Apple application. Installer is an application included in Mac OS X (and in its progenitors OPENSTEP and NeXTSTEP) which extracts and installs files out of .pkg packages. It was created by NeXT, and is now maintained by Apple Inc. Its purpose is to help software developers create uniform software installers. This application is, for some odd reason, missing and I can no longer install applications.

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    It is an Apple application. Installer is an application included in Mac OS X (and in its progenitors OPENSTEP and NeXTSTEP) which extracts and installs files out of .pkg packages. It was created by NeXT, and is now maintained by Apple Inc. Its purpose is to help software developers create uniform software installers. This application is, for some odd reason, missing and I can no longer install applications.
    Interesting bit of info/history.

Can't you just do an OS reinstall without reformatting/erasing?
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Is that the best way to go about resolving this issue? And if so how would I go about doing that?

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Is that the best way to go about resolving this issue? And if so how would I go about doing that?
    Don't know if it is the best but it should reinstall any missing parts of the OS. As to how, boot from your OS disk and choose Install without Erase.

I would a back up first just in case (always a good idea).
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Thread Information