major font issue..
    Okay so let me try to make this as short as possible as to not bore you all! I work for New Canaan public schools in New Canaan, CT. We have one mac lab that is having font issues. At first I noticed it in Microsoft Word when it would open up with the default font of Calibri and when you would type it would show up as an A with a square border around it. I fixed it for word by figuring out it was a permissions issue on the actual font file itself. Now my next problem is on our schools news paper website located here

NCHS Courant

Where it reads stay current with the courant at the header within safari it shows up now as the A with the square boarder. I can't figure out how to fix it. I'm hoping someone here has an idea!

Thank you for your time Mac community

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding what's happening, but I can view the "Courant" web page with no problem whatsoever. All fonts show up normally. However, I should say I'm not using Safari at the present time, rather I'm using Chrome.

The only suggestion I have is to run a font verify on all your fonts, both system and those that are listed separately for MS Office. There may be some that are duplicates which are showing up. The fonts which are installed by MS Office are sometimes at fault. The Mac MS Office web site has some information about correcting that.

Thread Information