New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

AirPort Wifi Connection Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

randis

randis is on a distinguished road

I'm having an issue with my wife's computer. I'm not a mac guy, so bear with my ignorance but it seems that this has to be a rare enough issue. I have not been able to figure out the issue, the internet provider has been clueless, and I had a genius say that he fixed the problem but upon arriving home this afternoon and starting up the computer, I quickly realized that it's not fixed.

I run a PC (Linux 11.10) and my connection to our Windstream wifi network was no problem. Her computer, however, connects to the internet (and continues to) but after about 45 seconds of surfing it stalls out. Now, her internet connection maintains itself, airport is a green light, diagnostics say everything's clean, etc. If we disconnect and reconnect, we get another 45 seconds.

Has anybody had a problem similar to this? I cannot find anything online which could help me out except for the basics which I have already done seven times.

Thanks much!
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Try setting the encryption to WPA2 and take auto channel off the router and select
one of the channels manually.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OSX Lion lock screen problem | lion installed on top of snow leopard »