12-01-2011, 12:16 PM #1About to download Lion and have a
few questions. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it:
I will be downloading to a 2010 MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz core 2 due and have
200 GB space available on my HD. I have done a backup to an external drive.
My questions are:
1. Will I have to reload software such a Microsoft Office for Mac?
2. Does Lion work well with Microsoft Office for Mac?
3. Will my files in Microsoft Office be harmed as part of the upgrade? (assuming normal upgrade without some kind of crash)
4. Will my emails on my system remain or will I lose them?
5. Approximately how much time should I allow for the upgrade?
Thanks and sorry for so many questions.
12-01-2011, 01:16 PM #2
- Member Since
- Jan 23, 2008
- Fort Worth, Texas
- Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
You didn't mention which version of Office you have and that's important because: Office 2008 (with updates) and Office 2011 are compatible with Lion. However, Office 2004 and earlier are not.
Upgrading to Lion will not harm your Office files or any other documents and mail. Time it takes to upgrade depends on your connection (it's a large download). Once it's downloaded, the upgrade process should be fairly fast.
Make sure you read this information first before allowing the install to proceed after the download is completed.
12-01-2011, 01:46 PM #3Thanks for your help. Sorry I didn't mention it but
I actually have Office 2011.
12-01-2011, 03:31 PM #4
- Member Since
- Nov 28, 2007
- Nambucca Heads Australia
- Imac 27" Retina 3.3GHz, 512GB Flash, 16GB memory, OS X.11.4.
Good advice making a copy prior to installing, but personally found it easier to set up lion on a USB thumb drive.Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By euan202 in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 7Last Post: 08-26-2012, 02:14 PM
By seajay2uk in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 2Last Post: 12-30-2011, 03:39 PM
By vank66 in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 5Last Post: 08-15-2011, 05:04 PM
By cptkrf in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 24Last Post: 08-09-2011, 11:42 AM