How To Convert Files From Toshiba Camelio to Mac 10.4.11?
    Hiya folks! Bought a Toshiba Camileo for my daughter for Christmas. I opened early so I knew for sure how it worked and such. Well I cannot get the files to open on my Mac, which is 10.4.11. I tried an earlier version of Handbrake this morning, and it downloaded, but it would not open the file.

Step by step would be fantastic, but any and all help would be appreciated. Santa is freaking a little. lol

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by NoisyNora1 View Post
    Hiya folks! Bought a Toshiba Camileo for my daughter for Christmas. I opened early so I knew for sure how it worked and such. Well I cannot get the files to open on my Mac, which is 10.4.11. I tried an earlier version of Handbrake this morning, and it downloaded, but it would not open the file.

Step by step would be fantastic, but any and all help would be appreciated. Santa is freaking a little. lol

Thanks a bunch in advance!
    Try VLC
    http://www.vlc.cc/jump/download-the-...-player/?pk=27

EDIT: Also, depending on your Mac Specs, might be a good time to consider upgrading your OS. If you have an Intel Mac you should be able to run Snow Leopard ($29 from the Apple Store)
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Do you know what file type they are? What extension does it show?
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

What I have done is pulled out the SD card and put it into a reader, plugged it into Mac and copied the file to desktop. The file looks like a Quicktime... .AVI file. It would not open in Quicktime

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    According to B&H Photo the specs show the file format to be MPEG4
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...aterproof.html

EDIT: Did you try VLC? It comes highly recommended by several of the members on the Forum.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Indeed try VLC, or also try Perian for Quicktime, a free plug in that will play virtually any file you throw at it.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

The camera is a Toshiba Camileo H30 HD Camcorder. All your responses and knowledge are greatly appreciated.

Specs:
    The camera is a Toshiba Camileo H30 HD Camcorder. All your responses and knowledge are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for the additional info. If looks like the format is indeed AVI and VLC and Perian are probably still your best options.
    HtH

Oh my goodness! What a challenge this has been! lol... but finally I was able to get Perian on my computer and it is the winner! Nothing else would work on my computer. Frustrating, but nice to finally have a solution. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and assistance. Santa can chill now

Specs:
    Oh my goodness! What a challenge this has been! lol... but finally I was able to get Perian on my computer and it is the winner! Nothing else would work on my computer. Frustrating, but nice to finally have a solution. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and assistance. Santa can chill now
    Outstanding!

Thread Information