New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

How To Convert Files From Toshiba Camelio to Mac 10.4.11?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NoisyNora1

NoisyNora1 is on a distinguished road

Hiya folks! Bought a Toshiba Camileo for my daughter for Christmas. I opened early so I knew for sure how it worked and such. Well I cannot get the files to open on my Mac, which is 10.4.11. I tried an earlier version of Handbrake this morning, and it downloaded, but it would not open the file.

Step by step would be fantastic, but any and all help would be appreciated. Santa is freaking a little. lol

Thanks a bunch in advance!
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyNora1 View Post
Hiya folks! Bought a Toshiba Camileo for my daughter for Christmas. I opened early so I knew for sure how it worked and such. Well I cannot get the files to open on my Mac, which is 10.4.11. I tried an earlier version of Handbrake this morning, and it downloaded, but it would not open the file.

Step by step would be fantastic, but any and all help would be appreciated. Santa is freaking a little. lol

Thanks a bunch in advance!
Try VLC
http://www.vlc.cc/jump/download-the-...-player/?pk=27

EDIT: Also, depending on your Mac Specs, might be a good time to consider upgrading your OS. If you have an Intel Mac you should be able to run Snow Leopard ($29 from the Apple Store)

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Do you know what file type they are? What extension does it show?

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
NoisyNora1

What I have done is pulled out the SD card and put it into a reader, plugged it into Mac and copied the file to desktop. The file looks like a Quicktime... .AVI file. It would not open in Quicktime
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

According to B&H Photo the specs show the file format to be MPEG4
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...aterproof.html

EDIT: Did you try VLC? It comes highly recommended by several of the members on the Forum.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Indeed try VLC, or also try Perian for Quicktime, a free plug in that will play virtually any file you throw at it.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
NoisyNora1

The camera is a Toshiba Camileo H30 HD Camcorder. All your responses and knowledge are greatly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

Quote:
The camera is a Toshiba Camileo H30 HD Camcorder. All your responses and knowledge are greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the additional info. If looks like the format is indeed AVI and VLC and Perian are probably still your best options.
HtH

QUOTE Thanks
NoisyNora1

Oh my goodness! What a challenge this has been! lol... but finally I was able to get Perian on my computer and it is the winner! Nothing else would work on my computer. Frustrating, but nice to finally have a solution. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and assistance. Santa can chill now
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

Quote:
Oh my goodness! What a challenge this has been! lol... but finally I was able to get Perian on my computer and it is the winner! Nothing else would work on my computer. Frustrating, but nice to finally have a solution. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and assistance. Santa can chill now
Outstanding!

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Proper dir from Terminal? | ibook not booting »