New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

How to access Keychain?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MyBad

MyBad is on a distinguished road

I'm trying to determine a password that's in my keychain. Is there a way to see it?
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBad View Post
I'm trying to determine a password that's in my keychain. Is there a way to see it?
If you don't see the Keychain icon in your dock, go to applications and launch it (may be in Utilities sub folder) I'm not on my Mac right now to check.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Finder > Type in Keychain Access > Look for item you need check the box show password then it will prompt you for your user password once entered it will show it.
QUOTE Thanks
MyBad

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxx View Post
Finder > Type in Keychain Access > Look for item you need check the box show password then it will prompt you for your user password once entered it will show it.
I don't see a "show password" box. Where is it?
QUOTE Thanks
MyBad

There is no "show password" button. You have to click the inspector button> "copy secret information" and paste somewhere.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

In Finder when you type in what you are looking for in the upper right in your case Keychain Access then locate on the list the app double click said app then a new box will open in the bottom of the new box you check show password it will prompt you for your user password then show you the password for the application you highlighted.
QUOTE Thanks
MyBad

Got it. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Delete button won't work! | Mac OS X 10.5.8 2.4 GHz core duo »