New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Internet Malfunction after upgrade to OS 10.7.2 HEEEEELLLPPP!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shiyawase

shiyawase is on a distinguished road

I really really need your help.

I have a new macbook pro 2011 I bought 2 weeks ago and I upgraded to 10.7.2 because I received a notification for a software upgrade.

After I did so, I noticed I am having problems connecting to the sites I usually visit before: megashare.info, mytvline.com, macrumors.com, etc.

Some of them would load after 10 refresh or so.

I know this is not a browser problem because the problem occur on both firefox and chrome and even safari. But once the page loads on one browser, it loads on the other.

I havent activated my time machne so i cant just revert back to my previous OS.

Please help me!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

That doesn't sound like something that 10.7.2 did. What are your DNS settings? System Preferences, Network, WiFi, Advanced, DNS tab, DNS Servers.

Copy the settings down and post here.
QUOTE Thanks
shiyawase

DNS Settings: 192.168.0.1
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

That is the default setting for your router and is probably grayed out. Add these settings and press apply:

OK your way out of System Preferences. Turn off your router for about one minute or so and turn it on again. After which, reboot your Mac.

Let us know if that helps.
QUOTE Thanks
shiyawase

you're telling me to change my DNS from 192.168.0.1 to the google public dns?

How do I do that in Mac?

(sorry I know how in Windows but I am new in Mac)

thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
shiyawase

update: I changed my dns (ran openbench) and it worked!
I hope it stays like this.

It's nice to know it's not a problem on the software's end or else i'll be sad since my mac is new.

thank you very much!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Many folks are unaware that the default DNS is set by their ISP. And, in most cases it varies from day to day or month to month. That's why no DNS servers showed up in your settings. Anyway, glad it worked.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how do i upgrade from tiger to snow leopard | Loading Yahoo mails »