New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS X 10.7.2 Lanier Driver

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

h2madd

h2madd is on a distinguished road

Upgraded new IMac to 10.7.2 Now my Lanier printer will not work and I am unable to find the driver/software anywhere for 10.7.2 Has anyone had this problem. Am I able to switch back to 10.7 as the software/driver are available for this. This is my first IMac.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Hard to fathom why your Lanier won't work with 10.7.2 but does work with 10.7.0? It should work as I can't believe Lanier has issued drivers only for 10.7.0. Have you tried reinstalling the printer while running 10.7.2?
QUOTE Thanks
h2madd

h2madd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Hard to fathom why your Lanier won't work with 10.7.2 but does work with 10.7.0? It should work as I can't believe Lanier has issued drivers only for 10.7.0. Have you tried reinstalling the printer while running 10.7.2?
I just installed the IMac and did the software upgrade before installing software for Lanier which is on our network. The sofware for Lanier states that it is for 10.7 (latest version on site) I can switch it to "generic" printer and it will only print in black and white, so that makes me believe that it has to be in the software/driver
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

When Lanier says that the software and drivers are for 10.7 they're referring to OS X Lion as an operating system. That leads me to believe the printer should work in 10.7.2 unless something about 10.7.2 has broken the drivers. I would check with Lanier to see what they have to say. It may just be a matter of removing the printer and reinstalling.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cannot boot up MacBook Pro | os x 10.4.11 how to upgrade to os x 10.5 »