PDF Creation software for OSX?
    Can anyone recommend PDF creation software that works particularly well with OSX? I mainly need to just create PDF docs, don't really need to do any editing, group collaboration, etc. TIA!

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    PDF creation is built into the OS. In every print dialog, in the bottom left hand corner is a PDF button. Clicking on that gives you the option to save PDFs.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Also, if you happen to have Pages, it has the option to export in PDF format. I just generally use the print to PDF method that Vansmith mentions, but if you need to tailor PDF quality etc, Pages gives you more options.
    And, Preview is an excellent, if somewhat limited PDF editor.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Wow thanks for the quick response. I am just getting ready to order an iMac and am trying to figure out how much additional software I will need to replicate my pc. The print to PDF already saves me a few bucks. Thx!

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
    Wow thanks for the quick response. I am just getting ready to order an iMac and am trying to figure out how much additional software I will need to replicate my pc. The print to PDF already saves me a few bucks. Thx!
    I am naturally frugal (translate Cheap), which caused me to delay several years buying my first Mac because of the perceived price differential.

I say perceived, and this has been discussed in numerous threads, but what I didn't know at the time I splurged on my first Mac (the absolute bottomline MacBook) was how much software I wouldn't have to buy.
    That, combined with the longer service life I have experienced (my 2007 MBP is still going strong and many members are still using much older machines) has made my transition a sensible investment, rather than a splurge.

Regardless, welcome and enjoy your new Mac!

EDIT: My 2006 MacBook (my first Mac) is still alive and well too, but my wife took it away from me soon after I got it, hence my upgrade to the MacBook Pro.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
    Also, if you happen to have Pages, it has the option to export in PDF format.
    Word has a similar PDF option (available in the save/save as dialog). Oddly, it sometimes produces different results (frequently better ones in fact).

Regardless, you have various options for PDF exporting. At a minimum, you have the print dialog which is available in any application (that can print of course). There is also a more "Unixy" way of creating PDFs from the command line but I won't complicate things by getting into that.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    There is also a more "Unixy" way of creating PDFs from the command line but I won't complicate things by getting into that.
    Isn't there always a way to do it with Unix?

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
    Isn't there always a way to do it with Unix?
    Yes and it's generally more amazing. Haha.
    Writing a Quality Post

Thread Information