Unhappy iPhoto not opening + Removal of Duplicates
    Hi,

My iPhoto application on my Macbook Pro has not been opening for the last one week. It just hangs.

I downloaded the iPhoto Library Manager, as suggested here, but even that hasn't worked.

I have many valuable pics there, collected over the years.

Would be very grateful for help on this problem.

Also I have many duplicates all over my laptop : files, docs, photos, music, contacts...which is the best software to clean up and remove the duplicates.

Gratefully yours,

nkm1410

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by nkm1410 View Post
    Hi,

My iPhoto application on my Macbook Pro has not been opening for the last one week. It just hangs.

I downloaded the iPhoto Library Manager, as suggested here, but even that hasn't worked.

I have many valuable pics there, collected over the years.

Would be very grateful for help on this problem.

Also I have many duplicates all over my laptop : files, docs, photos, music, contacts...which is the best software to clean up and remove the duplicates.

Gratefully yours,

nkm1410
    Need some specifics on your problem. If I remember correctly iPhoto Library Manager was reccomended for help if Photostream had locked up your Library.
    If so, you would start iPhoto Library Manager, create a new empty library, launch iPhoto with the new library, enable Photostream on it (which automatically disables it for your other library). Then, using iPhoto Library Manager, relaunch to your old library.

If this doesn't work, you have other issues, so post details.

HtH
    Razormac
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Thanx a ton for your prompt inputs, Razormac. Did as you advised, but " no go ". The error msg which I got was - Apple event timed out ('core'/'getd' (returnID 5) { ---- = object specifier: {objectClass = 'ipal'; keyForm = 'indx'; keyData = 'abso'($206C6C61$); container = (null)}}).
    Do see me thru this please.....

nkm1410

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Do you have your iLife install disk? Looks to me like you may want to try deleting iPhoto and reinstalling.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Thread Information