New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Dual Boot Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gbpackcdr

gbpackcdr is on a distinguished road

I have a Mac Mini Server (mid 2011) and I have used bootcamp to dual boot a 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate OS. When I had originally set up dual boot system when I hit option on the keyboard it only took 5-10 seconds for the different hard drives to show up. It has since started to take over a minute of me holding the option key to show the different partitions (does not include the time it takes the OS to load).

What is the normal time after a restart I should be forced to hold the option key? If over a minute is not normal, is there anything I could have possibly changed to increase the time or is there anything I can do to help reduce the time?

Thanks for any advice
QUOTE Thanks
gbpackcdr

gbpackcdr is on a distinguished road

Problem appears to be solved, I had a USB attached that seems to be slowing down the boot process.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« os x 10.4.11 how to upgrade to os x 10.5 | Audio input not recognizing external mic »