New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

is iPhoto the best to print from?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lsrichards

Lsrichards is on a distinguished road

Hello All,

I have found that all images I print from iPhoto come out darker and more saturated on my HP printer than what I see on my screen. Is it because my printer settings are not correct? Is it because my iPhoto settings are not correct? Both? Or would I better off printing from Photoshop instead?
This is very frustrating not to mention a waste of time, ink and paper.
Thank you!

Larry
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Have you actually tried printing from another piece of software to see if it makes a difference? It shouldn't matter what software you are printing from unless you adjusted it first. It may well be your monitor isn't calibrated, or the printer isn't. HP has tools for calibrating their printers.
Mac OS: Using the Toolbox to Align, Clean, Test, or Calibrate Print Cartridges HP 910 Printer - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

And you can calibrate your monitor:
Get the right colors on your Mac display | Macworld

Depending on your printer, and especially if it's a cheap one, you shouldn't expect to get prints that look as good as what you'd get from a photo processing center.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Corrupted or damaged files. HELP!!! | imac-wireless printer problem »