New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Terminal Help !

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bashypack

bashypack is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I followed some instructions to install 'Sickbeard' via terminal and somehow got lost in the Terminal maze - it never worked so i just left it at that - no big deal - but ever since my Mac has been very slow as if it is working on things in the background - could this be the terminal commands that I entered?? .. and if so how do I reverse them???! ... These are the commands that I had entered...

10 ssh root@10.0.1.5
11 ssh root@10.0.1.5
12 ssh root@120.0.1.5
13 ssh root@10.0.1.5
14 sudo python setup.py install
15 sudo python setup.py install
16 cd /Users/Matt\ B/Downloads/Cheetah-2.4.4
17 sudo python setup.py install
18 cd /Applications
19 git clone git://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard.git
20 cd /Applications/Sick-Beard
21 python sickbeard.py
22 cd '/Applications/Sick-Beard/' && '/usr/bin/pythonw' '/Applications/Sick-Beard/SickBeard.py' && echo Exit status: $? && exit 1

Any chance they could be causing a problem?

..Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

It might be. None of those commands are necessarily problematic in and of themselves although I don't know why you're ssh'ing four times in a row.

The last line is where "SickBeard" is executed. It's executed by the Python interpreter which can be killed (quit) easily with the following command:
Code:
killall Python
If SickBeard is still open, that will kill it. Note though that will kill other Python apps open.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Mac-Forums Investigates MacKeeper - Confused about MacKeeper? Take a look at this review.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« TenFourFox - Firefox for PPC | Problems relaunching apps from Previous System »