New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Problem with cookies

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fogelda

fogelda is on a distinguished road

Hello,
I have the following problem Ė Iíve developed a site and there is a simple login form which sets cookie. In Windows it works fine, both on Firefox and IE9. On my customerís Mac it the cookie is not saved (checked with Safari and Firefox). On other Mac computer it works fine. The problematic computer runs Mac OS X version 10.6.6
I guess itís something about privacy settings, although weíve checked Firefox settings and they allow cookies.

Any idea what can I check/do?

Thank you in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

It has to be a preference setting. Safari, FF, and Chrome will all save cookies unless the privacy option or selective cookie save option is selected. Works basically the same way that the Windows browsers do. Your customer is doing something wrong.
QUOTE Thanks
fogelda

Thank you for the answer.
It means that there is no OS setting that can prevent cookies?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

No, it's strictly done from within the browser being used. There are no general security settings in "System Preferences" that deal with cookies.
QUOTE Thanks
fogelda

Thank you, this information is very helpful for me.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems relaunching apps from Previous System | Imac G3 spit out instal CD »