New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Help illustrator cnat find classic?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

beanydc

beanydc is on a distinguished road

Right first things first.

i own a emac G4 ( all in the screen jobby ) i bought this a good few years ago off a man in the paper it came with no discs or anything just the screen keyboard and mouse.

i recently bought off ebay adobe illustrator 10 and its got all the keys/codes etc. When loading it up it gets so far then says

" A valid Classic environment was not detected.

support for running this Adobe application as a classic application will not be installed. To add classic support specify a classic environment, then rerun the installer"

i haven't got any discs to run classic, or what it needs. is there anywhere i can download the drivers for this to work?? Im a bit at understanding all of this so if anyone can help id be very thankful.

Cheers - Dave
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

It's just telling you if you want to run it in OS 9 also you need to install it - it should be installed for OS X and run fine there.
Some of those Adobe installers install for both environments.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
beanydc

beanydc is on a distinguished road

well it doesnt want to run for some reason. i also get a pop up saying this

"You do not have a version of Mac OS 9 installed that supports Classic. Install Mac OS 9.1 or later (Classic Support).
For more information about installing this support, click the Help button"

where can i download this from??
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanydc View Post
well it doesnt want to run for some reason. i also get a pop up saying this

"You do not have a version of Mac OS 9 installed that supports Classic. Install Mac OS 9.1 or later (Classic Support).
For more information about installing this support, click the Help button"

where can i download this from??
You cannot download it you have to buy it (e-Bay). And in case you didn't know...OS 9 was originally released October, 1999...that's over 11 years ago!!!

So you're really messing around with some REALLY old stuff!!!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« help | Partition option to boot »