Where to buy OS X 10.5?
    I'm planning on getting a new MacBook soon but I don't want Lion. I actually won't be buying a new MacBook unless I can get my hands on Leopard... That's how intense my pure hatred of Lion is. There's plenty of reasons, but I'm not here to discuss those! I'd just like to know where I can buy a new version of Leopard at. Not Snow Leopard, not Lion... Leopard.

eBay
    Don't forget to get a retail version DVD, black and purple with silver X across it.

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    I dont know why you hate Snow leopard so much. The only place you can buy copies now is from ebay. Leopard prices have come down but are still pricy, Snow Leopard is still setting around the $30 mark.

So if you want to pay more, buy Leopard, Snow Leopard is cheaper, and as an operating system is pretty identical to Leopard
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? – use the rep system

Uh… I hate to break this to you, but if you get a new MacBook, it's not likely that you will even be able to run Leopard due to lack of driver support for the new hardware. You probably can't even run Snow Leopard since the MacBook Pros were refreshed after Lion was released.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    Uh… I hate to break this to you, but if you get a new MacBook, it's not likely that you will even be able to run Leopard due to lack of driver support for the new hardware. You probably can't even run Snow Leopard since the MacBook Pros were refreshed after Lion was released.
    Oh heck, really? The people at our little 'Authorized Apple Dealer' store told me I could... Not sure why I trusted them, considering this wouldn't be the first time they've completely messed me over. Yikes. Thank you for letting me know before I went out and bought one, though. I'll definitely do some more research now. Sigh!

Quote Originally Posted by louishen1330032
    I dont know why you hate Snow leopard so much. The only place you can buy copies now is from ebay. Leopard prices have come down but are still pricy, Snow Leopard is still setting around the $30 mark.

So if you want to pay more, buy Leopard, Snow Leopard is cheaper, and as an operating system is pretty identical to Leopard
    I dislike Snow Leopard's 'organized' Exposé. Other than that, it's great. I'd just rather use Leopard since a few of my apps are old and don't offer upgrades for Snow Leopard.

Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    As lifeisabeach stated, a new MacBook Pro means running Lion. No way around it since Leopard nor Snow Leopard will install. Suggest you look for a used model before the 2010 issue if you want to run Leopard.

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    As lifeisabeach stated, a new MacBook Pro means running Lion. No way around it since Leopard nor Snow Leopard will install. Suggest you look for a used model before the 2010 issue if you want to run Leopard.
    Ah, thank you very much! That's quite sad. I'm glad I didn't spend my money on a new model already... I'm disappointed that the people at the 'Apple' store didn't even give me the correct information. Ah, well.

Thank you all very much for the help!

Thread Information