New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Need Urgent Help. Statistical software PSPP running on 10.5.8 crashing upon open.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tyler22

tyler22 is on a distinguished road

If anyone could lend a technical hand to my problem, I would appreciate it as I know how great this company's fellow users are at helping one another. That being said, the problem I am experiencing may be have an easy solution but I just fail the technical savvy to produce it. I am trying to run this free statistical software PSPP downloaded from Jeremy Lavergne - PSPP . The program was successful in installing onto my Mac OS X v 10.5.8. When I try to open the program it directly crashes prompting the "The application unexpectedly quit." window. I am direly in need of this statistical program. All other programs owned by large corporation are charging in the range of $1000 for their software. As I am a current college student (yes, AKA broke) it is imperative I obtain access to the program. Any advice or know how would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Loyal Macintosh User and (Broke) College Student,
Tyler

I thought I'd add that I haven't tried much. Initially, after experiencing the problem several times, I moved the program to the Trash, but immediately took it out and back into my Apps folder. I googled the problem and retrieved, what seems to be, valuable information from this link How to fix PSPP’s psppire crashing right after launch (Mac OS 10.5.8) « Things I tend to forget . It simply lacks the depth in steps on how to perform the fix.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Unless you like a ton of spam in your inbox, I'd strongly encourage you to remove your email address and not put it publicly accessible in a forum again.

(And a single post should do.)

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
tyler22

tyler22 is on a distinguished road

didn't occur to me, but thanks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« trying to upgrade my g3 | Anti-Virus software recommendations »