New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

A few iTunes Match Questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ndelson

ndelson is on a distinguished road

Yesterday (after several errors and issues), I successfully downloaded the new iTunes Match software. I had a few questions about how this thing actually works, just so I can be clear. Maybe some of you can help out.

- The files that have the cloud symbol next them on my iPhone are not actually on the phone. If I click on the song title (not the cloud icon), the file will play over the wi-fi network (or Cellular network, if I specify), but it'll take a moment because it's not actually ON the phone, right?

- If I click on the cloud/download icon on the right, the file essentially "downloads" to my phone, taking up the space that the file actually would had it synced the old-fashioned way, right?

- When I set this up originally, my library is a little more "empty" than before because many of my songs are in the cloud. Am I to understand that each time I play a song from my cloud, it has to be downloaded to my iPhone? So each time I shuffle songs, I'm slowly creeping toward my max capacity?

- Is there a way to specific which of the "remaining" files that weren't matched I would like to access on my iPhone? I only have a 16GB model, so I don't necessarily want all of the files that didn't match clogging up the device.

Most importantly...

- Is there a way to "reset" and go back to having everything that IS matched go back into the cloud? Playing around with it last night, I downloaded an entire playlist. If what I said above is correct, those files are now actually downloaded to my device, taking up even more space.

Many thanks for your help!
ND
QUOTE Thanks
TrueTone911

TrueTone911 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 320GB HD, 4GB Ram, OSX 10.6.7

I haven't used it but did happen to see this today.

Bugs & Fixes: Three essential iTunes Match troubleshooting tips | Macworld

No hum, no buzz, no problem.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMail | 2 Macs, 1 Printer - one print job successful »