Thread: A few iTunes Match Questions
11-21-2011, 05:28 PM #1
A few iTunes Match Questions
- Member Since
- Nov 27, 2008
Yesterday (after several errors and issues), I successfully downloaded the new iTunes Match software. I had a few questions about how this thing actually works, just so I can be clear. Maybe some of you can help out.
- The files that have the cloud symbol next them on my iPhone are not actually on the phone. If I click on the song title (not the cloud icon), the file will play over the wi-fi network (or Cellular network, if I specify), but it'll take a moment because it's not actually ON the phone, right?
- If I click on the cloud/download icon on the right, the file essentially "downloads" to my phone, taking up the space that the file actually would had it synced the old-fashioned way, right?
- When I set this up originally, my library is a little more "empty" than before because many of my songs are in the cloud. Am I to understand that each time I play a song from my cloud, it has to be downloaded to my iPhone? So each time I shuffle songs, I'm slowly creeping toward my max capacity?
- Is there a way to specific which of the "remaining" files that weren't matched I would like to access on my iPhone? I only have a 16GB model, so I don't necessarily want all of the files that didn't match clogging up the device.
- Is there a way to "reset" and go back to having everything that IS matched go back into the cloud? Playing around with it last night, I downloaded an entire playlist. If what I said above is correct, those files are now actually downloaded to my device, taking up even more space.
Many thanks for your help!
11-21-2011, 11:00 PM #2
- Member Since
- Jan 30, 2011
- So Cal
- MacBook Pro 13", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 320GB HD, 4GB Ram, OSX 10.6.7
I haven't used it but did happen to see this today.
Bugs & Fixes: Three essential iTunes Match troubleshooting tips | MacworldNo hum, no buzz, no problem.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Thor1981 in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 03-24-2015, 11:44 AM
By thunderoad02 in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 03-23-2015, 12:36 PM
By rolanddes in forum Music, Audio, and PodcastingReplies: 0Last Post: 12-08-2012, 10:29 AM
By FlaBill in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-25-2012, 02:24 PM
By Insterereo in forum iOS and AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 10-30-2009, 01:19 PM