ARD Agent and Repair Disk Permissions !! (Apologies)
    Apologies..I forgot the attachment.

I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on what's happening here when I repair disk permissions? The details are the same every time I do a repair.

I've read somewhere that the ARD Agent is a bit of a nasty but Apple released a fix in a previous update.

As you can see, all the repairs appear to be concerned with Remote Management, Desktop and ARDAgent.

Of particular concern is the last line re the SUID file.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    There are tons of things which it is not going to repair. Every version of OS X since at least Tiger, just about the first update Apple has put out has been the Remote Management. Once it updates, you will have that message from then on until you install of the next version of OS X. Then about a week later, they'll update Remote Management and it starts all over again.

Ignore them. I can only suggest you ignore everything it won't fix. The list is long - link.

Why they don't update the app that repairs permissions is a good question and one I'd like to know the answer to also.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
    There are tons of things which it is not going to repair. Every version of OS X since at least Tiger, just about the first update Apple has put out has been the Remote Management. Once it updates, you will have that message from then on until you install of the next version of OS X. Then about a week later, they'll update Remote Management and it starts all over again.

Ignore them. I can only suggest you ignore everything it won't fix. The list is long - link.

Why they don't update the app that repairs permissions is a good question and one I'd like to know the answer to also.
    I agree bobtomay, it's a confusing situation...repairing the same things ad nauseum. I'm assuming then that I'm good to go.

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Don't know why they can't update the file that verifies permissions to reflect the newer values when they update other parts of the OS instead of posting a page of permissions to ignore. Just seems like laziness to me.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Yep. So this ARDAgent related file that it can't repair because it's been modified..would that be the fix from Apple do you think.

Thread Information