New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Window not instantiating when clicked on with mouse.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ritelec

ritelec is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I open a program(s) like mail, safari....

Moving along as normal, between program(s)......click on window of application with mouse and your in control of the application.....

Then, as I click on an application...... I lose communication, that it doesn't switch to the application that I clicked on.
Started a couple of weeks ago, and getting worse.

When all the windows freeze, I try to force quit the application(s).
when I click on the window to make a selection to force quit, that window doesn't become active......the same as the programs don't become active when clicked on.......it's frozen......I can hit enter on the keypad and am able to apply the suggested promp button that comes up on that window.

When screens freeze and I have no control by clicking on with mouse, I am able to click on app in the dock to quit app. however, when you click down on the app. and hold the mouse button down.... slide over to the drop down that comes up and select the quit function in that menu.......instead on the quit option "becoming" "highlighted blue" and you "instantiate" for the the quit application by letting go of the mouse button... INSTEAD, the quit remains not highlighted and you have to click on it to turn it blue and then click again on the blue highlight "quit" selection.

Conflict of interest between programs....?...
Clear a cahe or a kernel or something....?...
Reload OS and hope it fixes itself...?...

Is it a program or in the computer........seams like a loose of comunication between the two.........like the computer (mouse) gets dazed and lost...can't select red,yellow,green buttons (they may or maynot react when clicked on click).... becomes part of the freeze sometimes..sometimes not.......
Most of the time I have control in finder....but sometimes finder becomes part of the freeze.

mac pro, 2.66 intel , 10.5.8 ,

Any thoughts would be great,

Thank you

Rich
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Have you tried a different mouse?

Confession: I came in here to find out the meaning of "instantiaiting". Goodone!
QUOTE Thanks
ritelec

Thanks for the reply toMacsh!

Just a follow up here.

?????

I have no idea. I was considering reinstalling the OS. ouch....... the prep to get things together to make sure I reinstall things I need. The hours (or days) to get it back together once I put the reinstall disk in..........

SO. I don't know what it was, or is.......... but I cleared my history, emptied cash,..............did nothing major but it seems to be OK for know...(as he knocks on wood)......

It's scary ...............but as mentioned (still knocking) it's ok for now.......????

Rich
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Ha! I had a similar experience this morning in Windows. The problem cleared up on its own. Beats me!
QUOTE Thanks
ritelec

Quote:
Originally Posted by toMACsh View Post
Have you tried a different mouse?

Update. So It was getting funky again.....(REAL BAD).
Swapped mouse from another computer........all was good.
Got a new mouse........all is good (knocking on wood).

Scary stuff.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook freezes on Blue Screen on startup | OSX 7 Lion -- modifying Launchpad »