New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

new internet/email problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

petergam

petergam is on a distinguished road

I've had no problems with internet or email until the last month. Then communication between router and MacBook became a problem
First, reception seemed to be an issue, so I had to move closer to the router.
It seemed that the router was probably the cause, so I bought a new one. It didn't improve matters.
For a few hours after buying the new router, emails were OK but now I can only receive them. I can't send (except for ones which contain things like the word "test"). Only the smallest email gets through.
I've also noticed that internet connection speeds are really slow.
The problem can't be the router; I doubt that it's the ISP since my other computer, a Windows machine, is fine.
Any ideas?
The computer's an Intel MacBook running 10.4.11.
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
gsahli

gsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the rough

Have you tried changing channels on the router? Do you live in an apartment or condo? Someone near may have just installed a router using the same channel.
QUOTE Thanks
petergam

Thanks for your reply. I have only one other network in range; the problem remains when I switch router channels.
QUOTE Thanks
petergam

Some more weird issues:
At a friend's house, my email and internet is fine which implies my MacBook isn't the problem. At home, though, my Windows computer has no problems with email and internet but the MacBook is affected as in my first post.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't get past log in | Mac 10.4.11 Iphoto »