New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Apple magic mouse battery level in menu bar?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacBookPro2011

MacBookPro2011 is on a distinguished road

Is there an app that will display apple magic mouse battery level in the menu bar?

2011 Macbook Pro 13

10.7.2 Lion
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Do you have the Bluetooth icon showing in the menu bar? If so that displays the battery level of any Apple BT device. Just click on the icon and on the device name.

If the Bluetooth icon is not showing in the Menu Bar, open System Preferences and click on Bluetooth and at the bottom click that option.
QUOTE Thanks
MacBookPro2011

MacBookPro2011 is on a distinguished road

I was hoping to find an app thats displays battery life just like the macbook battery
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

While it is not in the menu bar, there is a dashboard widget that does this.

Download MightyMonitor for Mac - Displays battery status for Apple Wireless Keyboard/Mighty Mouse. MacUpdate.com

I hope that does what you want.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Kevin, I have that one also. Most of the time I just use the BlueTooth icon one. Tells me where my batteries are.

I just installed the latest MightyMonitor on lion. It's much improved over the one I used way back. Very nice.
QUOTE Thanks
themitch

themitch is on a distinguished road

I have just found this -> Download BtBatStat 0.9 Free - Menu bar Apple Bluetooth mouse and keyboard battery status monitor - Softpedia

I think this is what you're looking for (it's exactly what I was looking for!).

Good luck
QUOTE Thanks
Peter S

Peter S is on a distinguished road

Hi Kevriano
I have downloaded the Mighty Mouse app but cannot find where it is and how to use it.

Can you help?

Many thanks

PeterS
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

If you downloaded the Dashboard widget that Kevriano linekd to above, you have to launch Dashboard to view it. Push F4 on the keyboard to open Dashboard.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Peter S

Peter S is on a distinguished road

Thank you for replying to my query about the Magic Mouse app.

When I open the dashboard the Magic Mouse is nowhere to be seen.

The app downloaded OK.

Help please

PeterS
QUOTE Thanks
greyhound

greyhound is on a distinguished road

Thanks to themitch, that's exactly what I was looking for. This battery-level business has been a rock in my shoe for a couple of years. The Mac OS low-battery popup is too ephemeral; the blinking indicator in the BT icon is too small and easy to ignore; seeing the levels in the BT menu requires thinking about it and making mouse gestures; widgets like iStat Pro and Mighty Monitor require thinking about it and bringing up the Dashboard. BtBatStat does just what I want -- putting something small but noticeable on the screen all the time, so I can tell the battery status at a glance. A donation and suggestions will shortly be on the way to the author of BtBatStat!

Now the remaining problem is that the percent numbers produced by all these little monitor apps are all different! I'm going to have to calibrate BtBatStat wrt the Mac OS measure. But maybe that's a topic for a different thread.

QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

It should have downloaded to the Downloads folder. Double click on it and you may well receive a message about being locked. Go into System Preferences > Security and Privacy > General and click on the padlock at the bottom of the pane. It will ask for your admin password, and when supplied, change Anywhere. Double click and it will open and run.

Go back in and click the padlock and choose Mac App Store and identified developers. That is Gateway which helps keep malware out of your Mac.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Restore problems! HELP | I want to completely wipe my external hard drive for time machine... »