New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Can't retrieve item from trash in macbook pro?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chloe_tran

chloe_tran is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have just switch from window to mac around 4 days a go so there alot of featue I don't know and understand. I was checking my trash (I have yet to empty it) and notice that there a file call recovery file which sounded really important so I try to recovery it but for some reason I can't since the option for pull back is dim for that file. When I go to more information, it say file westebw. I search to see what is that much have no luck.The file say that it was modify yesterday which I only remember doing so with safari with the Killall Safari in the terminal because my safari did turn off. Is thsi file important? If so how can I retreive it back. I could try to pull it to the esktop but I would have no idea where the file go and did want to leave it sitting in my desktop. Can some help. Thank you and sorry for the really and I mean really long thread. Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
findmatt77

findmatt77 is on a distinguished road

Unless your Macbook Pro is physically in a trash can, this is probably better suited for the "OS X - Operating System" forum.
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 13in macbook - 10.10.1

"Recovered file"s are the result of apps crashing, undeleted caches and temporary files.
Nothing you need to really worry about.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
chloe_tran

chloe_tran is on a distinguished road

thank you and sorry for posting in the wrong place.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dock calendar icon failing | Problem logging on »