New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Single Click instead of Double-Click?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Calistoga

Calistoga is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Intel iMac, 2.4 GHz, C2D, 4 GB RAM, OS X 10.6.4

I'm using an Intel iMac running snow Leopard. When using Apple mail I have always been able to single click to read the e-mail. Now, I have to double-click. I have neurological impairments along with carpal tunnel syndrome. I have been doing some Google searches on this issue but so far no solutions to this problem. I am buffaloed. This double-click stuff is a PITA. By the way, I'm using a Kensington expert trackball mouse. No options for single click. I don't think the mouse has anything to do with this problem. Computers up to date with the latest software. I did rebuild Apple mail.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

On my MBP with the trackpad it is still a single click are you sure in your mouse settings in system preferences you can't change this .
QUOTE Thanks
Calistoga

I have gone into Preferences > Mouse, but I cannot find any option for single click. It always single clicked by default in the past. Now I have to double-click. I don't know?
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Double-click opens a message in a new window. Have you hidden the preview pane somehow?
Single-click will show the message in the preview pane.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
QUOTE Thanks
Calistoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradom View Post
Double-click opens a message in a new window. Have you hidden the preview pane somehow?
Single-click will show the message in the preview pane.
It's possible. Can you explain to me where I can find the "preview pane"? I have looked but was unable to find, e.g. preview pane.

ETA: I also noticed when I double-click on a new e-mail a 2nd box appears with the sender's message. This did not happen before. WTH? Any ideas?? Also, I did a Google search for preview pane but it didn't help very much.
QUOTE Thanks
Calistoga

Screenshots Below.

QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

I'm on Lion which has 3 paned view by default. Don't remember how Snow Leopard's mail did it.
Try looking in View menu or prefs for number of panes...
Wait - just Googled it and found this: Mac OS X Mail: How to show or hide the preview pane or mailboxes drawer
Look in your first pic - just under "4:00Pm" - drag the little double lines up.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
QUOTE Thanks
Calistoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradom View Post
I'm on Lion which has 3 paned view by default. Don't remember how Snow Leopard's mail did it.
Try looking in View menu or prefs for number of panes...
Wait - just Googled it and found this: Mac OS X Mail: How to show or hide the preview pane or mailboxes drawer
Look in your first pic - just under "4:00Pm" - drag the little double lines up.
YES! Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Hello from a G4 (Ab)user II | Stupid Prompt wont go away »