New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

VMWare Fusion

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lamartin

Lamartin is on a distinguished road

I recently got a Macbook Pro (with Lion OS) to replace an earlier Macbook Pro which had been running VMWare Fusion version 1. So I got Fusion 4 and installed it with Windows XP. Haven't had a chance to use it yet. The first time I tried to re-launch, it got stuck in suspension and I haven't been able to get it to work. I tried a re-install; that didn't help. I figure I need to uninstall first. Can't find an uninstaller despite reading several threads (through library/, through the VMWare icon). Can't find it. I don't know if I need to reinstall Windows as well. I don't think so. Please help.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

There should be an uninstaller on the Fusion disk image (if I remember correctly when I ran the trial). Do you still have it? If not, download the trial - the uninstaller should be included there.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Mac-Forums Investigates MacKeeper - Confused about MacKeeper? Take a look at this review.
QUOTE Thanks
Lamartin

Thanks. I tried clicking and double-clicking the icon, but all I get is "VMware cannot run from this volume . . . " and buttons for "cancel", "choose folder" and "copy to application".
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Copy the uninstaller to your Mac and try again.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Mac-Forums Investigates MacKeeper - Confused about MacKeeper? Take a look at this review.
QUOTE Thanks
Lamartin

The trouble is that although I see the icon, I don't see the uninstaller anywhere.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

VMware KB: Manually uninstalling VMware Fusion
QUOTE Thanks
Lamartin

Thanks. I'll try it.
QUOTE Thanks
Lamartin

Well, it worked. Thanks much. Now to install it again.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« safe booting macbook pro | Problems with MBP (keeps resetting time etc) »