New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Preview keeps opening 3 pictures every time lion boots

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

constricted

constricted is on a distinguished road

Ok everyone, bare with me as I'm fairly Mac newbish.. like the title says, every time I boot into lion on my macbook pro these 3 pictures ALWAYS open up in Preview. I proceed to close each one and then quit Preview. When I reboot the SAME thing happens again, the 3 pictures open. How do I get Preview to stop doing this? I'm not even sure how it happened, but it's really annoying! lol
QUOTE Thanks
dekan

dekan is a jewel in the roughdekan is a jewel in the rough

System Preferences -> General: Uncheck "Restore windows when quitting and reopening apps"

Then, when you reboot your computer there should be a checkbox "Reopen Windows when I log back in" You can uncheck that as well.

Now, when you restart windows should not reopen and when you open your Preview, there shouldn't be those 3 pictures.

It's a new feature released with Lion to reopen apps and windows that were open last. I deactivated it though - wasn't exactly what I needed especially in Preview :-)

QUOTE Thanks
constricted

hey, i tried what you suggested and those 3 pics still open up when osx boots up.. any other suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
constricted

anyone?? this is getting really annoying lol
QUOTE Thanks
dekan

dekan is a jewel in the roughdekan is a jewel in the rough

So when you are rebooting or shutting down your machine, those 3 images are not open, Preview is not running but they still come up when you restart? Is it just 3 random images? Just pictures you looked at at some point?

QUOTE Thanks
constricted

Exactly.. except I don't even remember opening them in the first place?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems setting PATH variable in Lion | Stop network disconnecting when screen locked »