New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Virus

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mudfreak

Mudfreak is on a distinguished road

I am under the belief that I certainly have some sort of remote software virus on my Mac, as the mouse keeps moving on its own, I swear I saw something type itself the other day, I swear to god!
I have used two different Virus sweepers and found nothing, Virus Barrier 5 & MacScan, I think I have Keylogging software & certainly remote control software, I suspect an Ex Housemate of doing it, Yet when I perform scans with both mentioned above they find nothing, I have tried looking in Terminal for active programs, but in all honesty have no idea what I'm looking for, Help please, ASAP

Oh, I'm running OS X 10.5.8

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Ttaylor394

Ttaylor394 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: '10 21.5iMac self update-1TB 16GB-'12 MBP13 self update 1TB 16gb-32GB&16gb iphones-32GB iPad,

do you have a remote user software running.. its a little unclear?
i have used them on my iPhone to play tricks on my wife..
if thats the case then check them, if you have computer literate buddies.. they could certainly be playing a trick on ya..
virus? i don't think so.. there rant any that would want to trick you, just steal your CC #s

21.5"iMac i3 3.06:running 10.7  500GB HD  16GB DDR3  Magic Trackpad  Black iPhone4 32GB  White iPhone4 16GB  Apple Extreme Airport Base Station 
QUOTE Thanks
Mudfreak

I switched off sharing, live with my computer illeterate parents and younger brother now.
I don't own anything like an iphone or anything, I had sharing on to share songs with my little Bro's X-box, but that's it
QUOTE Thanks
Mudfreak

If I was to post a result of my Command Terminal, would you be able to spot the program, if there was one, anyone?

Thank you
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how to quit the dock | Weird web browser problem »