New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

No Audio Devices Found

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

joshmar10

joshmar10 is on a distinguished road

The other day, I was attempting to play music from my headphones (using headphone jack) and my bluetooth headphones at the same time. I opened Audio MIDI Setup tried to make it work. Eventually, it froze and now I get the error of the circle with the diagonal line through it anytime I try to change the volume. Also, System Preferences does not work at all, and every other application runs slow and I get the pinwheel very often. When I look at Audio MIDI Setup now it says no audio devices and I cannot play sound. I have tried entering the "sudo killall coreaudiod" command in terminal and restarting my computer using alt+command+p+r. When I try this it makes the classic apple startup noise, but then the sound still does not work. Any idea what is going on? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Did you use the PRAM reset properly? e.g. holding it down until it restarts the 2nd time?

You might also want to try a SMC reset.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
joshmar10

joshmar10 is on a distinguished road

I did do the PRAM rest properly, and I just tried the SMC reset, but it also didn't fix the problem. Thanks anyways.
QUOTE Thanks
ttzary

ttzary is on a distinguished road

Did you fix the problem? I have the same problem. Need it fixed ASAP. Please help!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« emticons | problem with finding a driver »