New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

MacBookPro Stuck in XP Bootcamp

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

IkHoud

IkHoud is on a distinguished road

I tried to upgrade to Lion, from Leopard, now I can't get past the gray screen. Other than holding "option" while starting...I tried apple + v, apple + c, the whole "p + r + apple," and even took the battery out, held down the power button and still nothin'.....I've researched it, I don't get it. Fortunately I have the boot camp windows rockin' and just hold "option/alt" when I start up and I'm all good. I also got a program (HFSExplorer) to see my normal HD, but all I can do is see it!!!! I can't do anything but attempt to extract and then it seems every file has certain folders and files (all the same name for each file), doesn't make since. PLEASE HELP!!!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

You can not upgrade to Lion from Leopard. Upgrading to Lion is done from Snow Leopard. Lion can only be purchased from the App store and you have to have Snow Leopard 10.6.6 in order to access the App store. Where did you get the copy of Lion from?
QUOTE Thanks
IkHoud

Sorry, "Snow" Leopard...Downloaded it from App store. (My XP is Slipstreamed though...) If there aren't any tips then that's okay I guess, I'll just go to the Apple Store, it's just a ways away from me and my warranty is out. Don't appreciate the insinuations (defamatory libel can be insinuated ((U.S. Laws)). I know the upgrade price is a little spendy...? I can give you more legitimate particulars if you like...if not, blah...
QUOTE Thanks
IkHoud

Boot Camp users: We're stuck in Windows | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

similar story
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

No one is insinuating anything. You're the one who stated you tried to upgrade from Leopard to Lion. Everything posted after that was based on your statement.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Screen Cap Folder | Terminal console hanging in Lion »